How to create a new translation
Before starting with a new translation, please check if is available in Language translations section.
A sample of new language base on Oromo from Ethiopia
The first step is identifying what is your language code based on ISO 639 ( 2 level ). Looking at the table of language identifiers, the code might be "om-ET".
The second step will get the country flag, in this case, Ethiopia. Go to famfamfam.com website and download the flags icons. The flags icon name are based ISO 369 ( one level ), that means we are looking for a file named "et.gif".
The third step will be to create the new language. Go to Administration > Languages and create a new language with these values:
- Click on new language icon.
- Fill the fields
- The "id" might be "om-ET".
- The "name" might be "Oromo".
- The "icon" might be the file named "et.gif".
- Click on Create button.
Once the new language has been created must set the translations:
- Click on Edit language icon.
- Change the fields.
- Clic,k on Edit button.
Finally, think on sharing with the community your translation.
- Click on Export language translations icon.
- The application retrieves a SQL file with language translation into.
- Contact us at the contact website form and we will tell you the way for sharing with us the translation.