You can use the Quick start guide to quickly learn the basics, and to find detailed info on the user sections.
OpenKM frontend is the Back office view on the content repository. The features are organized in several sections:
- The Menu bar at the top where are available all the features organized by type.
- The Quick search box at the right top.
- The Toolbar where are the most commonly used features.
- The Desktop tab enables to navigate the repository.
- The Search tab enables to query the repository.
- The Dashboard tab provides a set of dashboards.
- The Administration tab provides a set of the administration tools.
- The Status panel at the bottom provides general information.
Only members with "ROLE_ADMIN" role have access to the Administration tab.
The OpenKM frontend allows you to manage any type of content: scanned images, photographs, office documents and even large videos files or CAD files among others. The built-in workflow feature helps companies to automate businesses processes and get a full control of the cycle of the documents, saving time and money. It also allows the social activities around the content to be used to connect people to other people, information to information, and people to information; helping to manage, more efficiently, the collective intelligence of the human resources of the company.
The OpenKM Profiles feature helps administrators to set what is displayed for each user of the application.
OpenKM provides the solution to:
- Controls the growing volume of information to be managed.
- Ends the diversification of information storage sources.
- Prevents the duplication of the information.
- Obtains valid information through the control of document versions.
- Reduces the time and resources used in locating information.
- Avoids knowledge leaks or wrongful access by users, therefore complying with the obligations set in the LOPD (Spanish Data Protection Law).
- Restricts non-authorized users access to the information.
Through the OpenKM system, all relevant and useful information can be accessed and found in the less possible time to resolve problems and make decisions.
The menu bar at the top has all features organized by type:
Quick search box
The Quick search box is at the top right corner. It provides a fast access to Default search in Search panel.
The minimal text length for doing a query is three characters.
The toolbar section has the most commonly used features like download documents, create new folders, edit or upload files among others.
Most user's activity is done there. Users can work directly on folders, documents, mails or records.
The desktop is distributed in tree sections:
- Navigation panel at left hand side.
- Browser panel at top center.
- Properties panel at bottom center.
The navigation at left hand side is an stack panel. Each stack contains into a tree ( folder and records hierarchy ) structure from root that enables easily access documents and mails.
The browser panel at top center shows a table of nodes ( documents, folders, mails and records ) that are on the selected node of navigation panel.
The properties panel at bottom center shows a collection of tabs that contain the grouped properties or features like preview associated with selected node. The selected node can be a navigator node or browser node.
Basically the selected node at navigator panel determines the content shown at the browser panel and depending if the last selected node by the user is at navigator or browser panel the properties panel will shown the properties of the active node at navigator or browser.
The search tab enables to query the repository. This tab gives access to different searches to query the content of the application:
- Default search is a full-text search. Default search is also available from the top right corner on the screen.
- Advanced search enables you to search keywords, metadata and additional criteria such as location in the application.
The dashboard panel provides a set of dashboards, each user has a set of personal dashboard that display the information relevant for him and helps to have a global view of the application activity.
The dashboard panel :
- User view. Displays the actions that have been carried out in the system
- General view. Displays a global view of the application activity.
- News. Displays information based on scheduled user search queries.
- Mail. It's a virtual navigation across all mail repositories.
- Mail account. Helps users to managing their own mail accounts.
- Workflow. Users work in company business process tasks.
- Keyword map. Displays a tag cloud based on all repository keywords.
- Tasks. Helps on creating, administrating, assigning and following basic company tasks.
- Calendar. Helps on following the status of the basic company task.
- Messaging. Displays internal OpenKM messaging.
- Forum. Displays a forum.
- Wiki. Displays a wiki.
The administration panel is a set of tools that helps administrator to manage the application.
More information at Administration guide.
The status panel provides general information:
- OpenKM news alert.
- The connected user.
- User repository size.
- HTML documents on edition.
- Message panel.